Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist - Intermediate to Senior Level
Mark T Mitchell Ltd & Geocon Geotechnical Ltd, Hamilton-based consulting geotechnical engineers are seeking a Intermediate to Senior level Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist with New Zealand experience to become part of their team of engineers and engineering geologists in providing a quality service to both established and new clients in the Waikato-Bay of Plenty-Coromandel Regions.
- Join a Consulting Geotechnical Engineering company with a high reputation for knowledge, experience and excellence in the building and construction industry in a location where housing costs are reasonable and commuting to work is a breeze.
- The position involves a combination of site investigations (we have our own drilling rig), construction inspections, report writing and design documentation.
- For a senior level person with appropriate experience there is a great opportunity to move into a management/shareholding role in the near future.
Required Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering geology or geotechnical engineering is required, together with a sound knowledge of NZ Geology and/or an understanding of the NZ design and construction industry.
- Progressing towards CPEng qualification.
- Competency in report writing and presentation of designs.
- 10+ years experience working with aspects of residential and commercial site development, geotechnical design and analysis and stormwater management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and project deadlines.
- Possess NZ Residency.
Mark T Mitchell Ltd is a highly respected geotechnical & geological consultancy firm located in Hamilton and comprises an enthusiastic team of engineering geologists and geotechnical and environmental engineers.
Established 40 years ago, the primary focus of the company is to service our clients with reliable and practical advice, based on comprehensive site testing, our geological knowledge and our long-term working in association with all aspects of the construction industry. Our company is widely recognised in the construction industry for its expertise in providing practical and innovative geotechnical-related assessments, recommendations and designs.
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your CV to Mark Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or to PO Box 9123, Hamilton 3240. We look forward to hearing from you.